Dental Implants Treatment Procedure
A dental implant replaces the root of a missing tooth and is made from surgical-grade titanium alloy. Dental Implant process or procedure is not very complex as perceived. In fact the reason more people should opt for it is to avoid bone loss in the jaw area.
Initially, the implant is placed into the jawbone either immediately after the loss of a tooth, or after an extended period of time. It is important that you have enough bone in the area of the missing teeth for the implants to be attached to. If there is insufficient bone, various bone enhancing procedures can be performed prior to the implant placement (Bone Grafting).
Implants are increasingly being used to replace certain types of bridges and removable partial dentures. Dental Implants enable you to eat your favorite foods, increase your chewing ability and improve your appearance and speech.
Dental Implants are specified as a treatment option for:
- Replacing a Single Tooth: If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it. A dental implant replaces both the lost natural tooth and its root.
- Replacing Several Teeth: If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them. Dental implants will replace both your lost natural teeth and some of the roots.
- Replacing All of Your Teeth: If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them. Dental implants will replace both your lost natural teeth and some of the roots.
Advantages of Dental Implants over Dentures or a Bridge
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth as they integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth.
- Dental implants don't sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health.
- Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence. There won’t be worries about displaced dentures and messy denture adhesives.
- The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Dental Implant Treatment Cost in Kochi depends on the brands of implant that is used. We at Dentique use Global Medical Implants (GMI), Adin dental Implant System and Nobel Biocare Implants.
We at Dentique have mastered the art of designing and creating smiles. Hence your quest for the best dentist for dental implants ends here.
Call us on +91 81296 88765 to understand if you are a good candidate for Dental Implants.