A beautiful smile enhances one’s appearance. Broken, discoloured, stained or chipped teeth can reduce the beauty of the smile. This has led to the invention of veneers. It is part of cosmetic dentistry and one of the most popular dental treatments. Started with celebrities, dental veneers became a trend among adults quickly. We are looking at the factors concerning dental veneers, for you to determine whether to choose them or not.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shell typed components made of porcelain or composite resin with porcelain. It will be fixed on the front portion of the teeth, making a cover hiding the imperfection. Veneer treatment is painless generally.
The doctor will remove a small portion of the enamel from the teeth, before placing the veneer. This is intended to prevent the teeth from appearing bulky after the veneer treatment. And maintaining the natural size of the teeth.
How Dental Veneers Fixed?
You can opt for veneers made of either porcelain or composite resin with porcelain. The porcelain veneers have better longevity and strength. However, it will take two visits to the dentist for the porcelain veneer. Whereas the composite resin veneer can be placed in a single sitting.
In the case of a porcelain veneer, the doctor will remove a minor portion of the enamel from the surface. And obtain the impression of the teeth. This is to manufacture a perfectly fitting porcelain veneer. A temporary veneer would be placed on the teeth in the interim. The porcelain veneer will be fitted during the second sitting. On the other hand, composite resin veneer will be fixed after the application of a certain chemical that makes the surface of teeth suitable for the veneer.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Veneers are a simple cosmetic solution to many issues. It should not be considered an alternative for dental problems, or as a solution for dental decay. Dental veneers can help you hide imperfections including chipped, broken or discolored teeth, cracks, minor misalignments, and small gaps between the teeth.
The benefits of dental veneer treatment are:
Hides the imperfections
- As a solution for small teeth
- The porcelain veneers will reflect light and brighten your smile as if natural teeth
- You can choose shade and texture of composite resin veneer matching your existing tooth
- It could be considered as an effective substitute for the crown
- As the porcelain material is resistant to stains from the cigarette, coffee, tea, and tobacco, it will maintain the colour and brightness for a longer period
Dental Veneer – The Things to Remember
A dental veneer is a cosmetic treatment that can be pursued by most people. It could be considered instead of crowns, teeth whitening treatments and other similar methodologies for enhancing the looks. However, the following may be looked into, before you arrive at a dentist for veneer treatment.
- People with issues including severe teeth clenching and grinding during sleep may reconsider the treatment. Alternatively, you can discuss the same with the doctor. Teeth clenching and grinding may damage the veneers and may turn risky.
- Those with teeth damages beyond an acceptable level, severe tooth decay and too much tooth filling may avoid veneer.
- The removal of enamel may cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- It is a costly dental treatment method. Therefore, the decision regarding dental veneer should be taken only after due consideration. Moreover, the average lifespan of dental veneers is ten years. You need to replace the existing veneer after that.
- Remember that the veneer treatment process is irreversible.
How to Ensure Proper Veneer Care?
Dental veneers must be maintained and cared for properly. The additional attention will improve the durability of the veneers.
- Proper brushing and flossing as with normal teeth
- Periodic dental checkups to make sure that the veneer remains sealed properly. Food residue, cavities and stains can be problematic for veneers
- Avoid chewing too hard nuts and shells as much as possible
- Defective veneer must be replaced immediately
Dentique Dental Studio for All Your Dental Treatments
You may reach out to us to know more about dental veneers, the total cost of the treatment and the process we follow. Dentique has world-class facilities at our clinic for providing the utmost care to our clients. We can guide you regarding the right treatment method to eliminate dental problems, remove imperfections, and present you with a beautiful smile.
Visit us today. Contact now and book an appointment.